Welcome! Please fill out the form below. But first some information about the scheme …
**Please do not reply directly to this email, instead e-mail email@example.com**
Here is some key information about the Shadowing Scheme:
The Shadowing Scheme is a university access scheme designed by current Cambridge undergraduates and run by Cambridge Students’ Union (Cambridge SU).
During the scheme, participants come to Cambridge, ‘shadow’ an undergraduate mentor who is studying a subject they’re interested in, attend lectures, stay in a student room, eat in a college dining hall, meet lots of current students at a range of events and activities, and get advice on applying to Cambridge from staff and students.
Participants, or ‘shadows’ as we call them, will also get the chance to stay in contact with their mentor after the scheme, and attend online application and study skills sessions, in order to help them make well-informed, successful University applications.
The scheme is free to all shadows, including accommodation and meals.
What will it involve?
- Shadowing their mentor, a current Cambridge undergraduate, in Cambridge for three days
- 1-1 mentoring through a safe online platform after the scheme
- Attending lectures and supervisions (teaching in a small group) with their mentor
- Going to events and activities with other shadows and current students during the scheme
- Tours of the city and colleges
- A chance to try something new and get an insight into university outside of the classroom
- Admissions talks with University staff
Each mentor on the scheme is DBS checked and given a code of conduct, which all participants in the scheme are required to sign. All online 1-1 communication takes place on Mentornet which is a monitored platform for their safety.
The scheme is a fantastic opportunity for your child to experience what it's like to study at Cambridge and we hope that, should they be selected, they will have an extremely enjoyable experience. If you have any concerns or questions, please get in touch.
Cambridge SU Access, Education & Participation Officer